So I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything. We have been so busy trying to unpack all the boxes in our house. It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over time. The scary part is that we are both in our 20's and we have this much stuff, I am frightened how much stuff we will have when we are in our 40's. Sigh....
First order of business is that we are finally settled into our house. Although like I stated above we are trying to get everything unpacked. We have to get the Weinraub suite ready for a visit of my favorite three girls!! As you can tell they are important enough to get a room named after them. I am counting down daily until my "family" comes stateside from Japan!! I miss them so much. It is hard not to be able to call one of your best friends when you have a bad day because it is 4 in the morning where she is. I can't wait to be able to have a discussion with her where I am not eating dinner while she is making pancakes for breakfast (although I could really use a pancake right now...) So we are working very hard to have a room ready in case they need to come to Ohio for any reason.
Second order of business is that I am trying to cleanse my life of toxins. I have been reading a book that talks about all of the toxins that we face in our lives: People, work, environment, etc. According to the book there are three types of people in this world and they are takers (people who only worry about themselves and what they can get out of a relationship for their benefit), givers (people who worry so much about others that they lose sight of themselves and what they need), and the well balanced person (the person who has just the right of give and take in their relationships.) It goes on to say that there are three things that you can do.
1) you can write the taker out of your life
2) You can continue with the relationship the way it is
3) You can choose to work on the relationship
I have a toxic person who I have tried to write off many times and I just have not been able to do it. For many years I let her take advantage of me and I allowed her to upset me at my wedding reception (you don't mess with peoples weddings!!) I finally thought that I had managed to put her out of my life. Well Lately I have been thinking of her a lot and I am not really sure why. Shortly after I started thinking of her I started praying for her. I think that she is just an unhappy person and prefers that other people be unhappy also. I came to find out earlier this week that she has been having a lot of personal issues involving work and family and that she is going through a tough time. I started to think about the book that I am reading and how they recommend that if you want to try to make a toxic relationship into a working relationship that you need to decide what it is that you need out a the relationship to make it work for you. So I ran into her and we talked for a little bit and she asked me to go to the movies with her, so we are going tonight. Mike is not pleased with this because he knows the whole situation and he says if she keeps burning you why do you keep putting your hand into the fire. I know he is just looking out for me, but I honestly feel like she needs someone to be there for her right now. I am not looking to be her best friend, but I want her to feel comfortable calling me if she needs someone to talk to. I think that I will have a better idea of if this friendship is going to be able to work after tonight. I just really feel like it is something that I need to do for myself. Also, if she burns me this time then I can walk away and not feel bad about it. I know that I did what I could. So wish me luck.
On a positive note: Mike and I have been married for a year!! How exciting is that?? I can't believe that it has only been a year. It seems like we have been together forever. I love him so much and I am so blessed that he is a part of my life. So we got married, we bought a house...next step baby????? We will have to see what happens.
Well I better get ready for the movies. I will let you know how it works out!!
And you should also check out this awesome singer named Kate Voegele she has an amazing voice and Mike & I just recently stumbled into her and we love her!! Check her out!

1 comment:
Post a Comment