Sunday, August 10, 2008

Overwhelmed...

Lately I have been feeling very overwhelmed. It seems like I can't get everything done at work that I want to do and the house is never going to be clean. I feel like I am constantly doing laundry or dishes or going to the grocery store. You know those everyday things that everyone has to do. I just feel like I have been sidetracked by other things on my mind and because of that I can't manage to do my daily tasks. I know that everyone has days, weeks and months like this.
I am very grateful for the things that I have in my life. I am married to the great love of my life and we are blessed to have a house, good jobs and wonderful families. The only thing missing from this picture is a little family of our own. I found out a few weeks ago that I may have fertility issues. I already had a slew of blood tests to rule out thyroid, hormone and other problems. I have been given medication to try to regulate things. If this doesn't work then I will have some ultrasounds done and possibly start hormones. The doctor told me that after we do that we might need to start thinking of other methods of having a baby. So Mike & I have talked and he keeps telling me that everything will work out and that we can always start our family through adoption. Did I mention that I love my husband?
I have always wanted to have a baby and ever since I met Mike I knew that I wanted to have his baby. It makes me sad to think that there might not be a mini Mike running around someday. I know that there is a baby out there for us whether it is ours biologically or not. I just don't want Mike to resent me ten years from now if I am not able to have his baby biologically.
It is hard to try not to worry about things when you don't have any answers. It would be so much easier if everything was black and white and someone would say "I'm sorry but..." or "there's nothing to worry about..." at least then I would know what is ahead of us. Until then it is just waiting and praying.
Hopefully I will be able to take my mind off of everything and focus on cleaning my house and getting things in order for my friends visit from CA. I am very excited to see her and her two beautiful girls. I love them and I know that they will help to keep me sidetracked and calm while they are here. Until then I am going to focus on the amazing blessings that I already have in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, you don't have to worry about me, I will love you always and forever!!! So, no need to worry! Even if we have to adopt, there will still be a mini-me running around! I feel sorry for the rest of the world at that point in time! :D