Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just a quick one!!

So I am going to squeeze in a quick blog while Mike and his brother Jim run up to Lowes. Jim is installing our disposal and running a water line to our fridge so that the water/ice maker on the door actually work. YEAH!! That is really exciting, I know that is sad, but I am super super excited about using my disposal.
Not to many other exciting things are going on right now. We are still working on our planter outside it is slowly coming along. We should hopefully have it finished within the next month or so. I have been cleaning out hell room, although you really can't tell if you have never seen it before. But overall I am trying to stick to my goals. My main goal is to have everything pretty much done by the baby shower my sister and I are throwing in june. Lets see how that goes!!
On a sad note: I usually mow our lawn. Well last friday I came home from work and started to mow our lawn, trust me it really really needed it!! As I was mowing I ran over something and all of the sudden what I thought were mice came running out of a hole at me. So I throw the mower away from me and Start jumping up and down screaming. Well at that point I realize that I had run over a bunny nest :( The sadder news was that I had slit one of their throats with the lawn mower. I start to cry hysterically and call Mike to demand that he come home from work and remove the lawn mower from the yard and also dead bunny. Mike kindly tells me that is not going to happen. So I call my dad and make him drive 40 minutes to move my lawn mower to my garage. The Mike removed dead bunny when he got home. We learned that we had some of its siblings living in our garage. So Mike catches one and takes it across the street to where we saw the mom. The following night our friends Annette and Katie came over and Annette caught a second one in our garage (we called him MAKS). On monday Mike tells me he found another one but he thought it ran out of the garage..he did clean up the garage to make sure it was gone. Well today Mike goes out to the garage to get his "outdoor shoes" so he can mow the lawn. He picks up a shoe and finds a dead bunny in his shoe. I guess the third one never really left afterall. We are very sad about the losses of the bunnies:(

Annette and Maks became friends before she released him (or her) to his (or her) mom across the street. Maks is much bigger than the first baby bunny we found in the garage. I am not sure about the poor dead bunny because I didn't want to look. Can you blame me?
On another note: recently was mother's day. My sister and I spent saturday with my mom going shopping and out to lunch. Then on Sunday we went to Mike's sister Jackies house for a grill out. While we were there Mike & I also gave our nephew Parker his birthday present (he just turned 4!) Jackie also enjoyed his birthday present! Here are some of the family pictures!





Well I had better get back to cleaning! We are really enjoying the nice weather today so hopefully it keeps up! As you can see our cats might be enjoying it a little more than us!!

No comments: